- Category: Exercise
The Active Living Council (ALC) for San Antonio was formed in 2010 to influence physical activity within our city and the surrounding areas by developing and promoting a 3-5 year master plan to promote active living, reduce sedentary behaviors, and increase physical activity. Download the Active Living Plan to find out more!
The ALC will:
- Provide a forum to address active living issues
- Promote coordination among various sectors that impact active living
- Foster local physical activity and active living projects
- Promote improved access to places and programs for physical activity (such as parks and open spaces)
- Promote policies related to increasing physical activity and active living (such as transportation, land-use, community design, and safety)
What is active living?
Active living is a way of life that integrates physical activity into daily routines, such as walking to the grocery store, riding a bicycle to work, or exercising.
What can you do?
- Request a presentation by an ALC Member
- Host a forum
- Volunteer on an ALC committee
- Support policy, environmental, and system changes for active living
- Promote and implement the Active Living Plan for a Healthier San Antonio ALC's Vision & Mission
Vision: Transform Bexar County into a healthy community through active living.
Mission: To improve quality of life by facilitating positive change in policy, infrastructure, and attitudes that result in a vibrant and healthy community for all Bexar County residents.
State & National Resources
|America Walks||San Antonio Greenway Trails|
|National Physical Activity Plan||San Antonio Park Trails|
|Every Body Walk!||Walking Groups|
|Steps to a Walkable Community|
|Active Living Research|
|Active Texas 2020|